Aircraft Maintenance Licence (AML)
A person may engage in the maintenance of an aircraft if the person holds an aircraft maintenance licence issued by the Director General
CAAM Part-66 – Category A1
Aircraft Maintenance Technician – Mechanical, Aeroplanes Turbine
Category A1 AML (Aircraft Maintenance Licence) for technicians permits the holder to issue maintenance release following minor scheduled line maintenance and simple defect rectification within the limits of tasks specifically endorsed on the license. The certification privileges shall be restricted to work that the licence holder has personally performed in an appropriately AMO.
Duration: 2 years; inclusive of On-Job-Training at Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO)
The programme covers all basic knowledge requirements specified in the CAAM Part-66 Category A1 Aircraft Maintenance Technician licence syllabus, introduces you to aircraft practical and maintenance skills and provides you with opportunities to practice and develop these skills.
The criteria for passing the program is through approved 12 module exams sanctioned by the CAAM, on top of 1245 (Technical English included) training hours and 1 year On-Job-Training in the aviation industry in Malaysia.
- Minimum education qualification of SPM/SPMV; credits (A/B/C) in English and pass Mathematics, Science (preferably Physics)
- at least 17 years of age
- be able to read, speak, and understand English fluently
- do not suffer from colour blindness, Claustrophobia, and Acrophobia
- As of now, MATA is not yet ready to enroll any international students
What you will study
- Servicing and minor troubleshooting procedures
- Principal system components
- A description of controls and indicators
Where you will study
- MATA Kuantan, Pahang – 1 year
- MATA Senai, Johor – 1 year
Having successfully completed all 12 module examination papers and OJT logbook requirement, trainee will receive licence for Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Cat A1 CAAM Part-66 by Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM)
If you want to register Click Here.
2,524 total views, 7 views today